Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
On Sunday, March 28, from 4-6pm, the University of Vermont Libraries will be hosting a "Maple Cook-Off" to celebrate the launch of its maple syrup website - http://library.uvm.edu/maple.
The doors will open at 4pm. The Growlers, an energetic acoustic trio that plays upbeat rock, blues, and country music, will provide musical entertainment from 4-5pm, while the judges are evaluating the entries. After the judging is complete, we invite all attendees to sample from the buffet of maple delicacies. Winners will be announced at 5:30pm.
Confirmed judges include: Suzanne Podhaizer, Seven Days Food Editor;Sue Bette, owner of Bluebird Tavern; Sarah Lyons, maple producer, Square Deal Farms; and Kate Turcotte, ecological agriculture major and organizer of the Vermont Food Summit.
Registration to participate in the cook-off is free and open to the public. You do not need to enter a dish in order to attend.
MAPLE COOK-OFF RULES
- Registration must be received by 5pm on Friday, March 26. Due to the nature of the competition, day-of registration will not be accepted.
- One entry per individual or organization.
- Your recipe must include 100% pure maple syrup or maple sugar as one of its ingredients.
- Please bring at least two dozen tastings of your dish. Serving utensils will not be provided, so please come prepared.
- Your entry must be stable at ambient room temperatures. We are not able to provide cooling and heating, but you are welcome to bring your own cooler or crockpot to keep your food safe and servable. If the safety of your dish is questionable, we will ask you to remove the dish from the competition.
- Food must be delivered to the Davis Center between 3:30pm and 4:00pm on Sunday, March 28. Judging will occur between 4:00pm and 5:00pm. After the judges have made their selections, guests will be welcome to taste the entries.
- Winners will be announced at 5:30pm; we request that you be present to claim your prize.
- Please provide a copy of your recipe for display. If you would like to include your recipe in the UVM Libraries Maple Community Cookbook, we will have you sign a consent form the day of the event.
- Judging criteria will be based on appearance, flavor, and creative use of maple. Prizes will be awarded for Best Savory Recipe, Best Sweet Recipe, and Judge's Choice.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.